Canola oil price has made the oil a sought-after commodity on the global market.
Indeed, one of the oil’s strongest selling points, coupled with its impressive nutritional value, is its cheap price, accessible to rich and poor alike.
The oil has gone a long way from its birth in the 1980s in Canada. Today, it is used for cooking and baking purposes by many consumers around the world. Its ability to tolerate heat well makes it good for stir-frying. Its neutral taste enables it to blend well with other flavours. More importantly, canola oil has been proven to improve heart health.
Are there harmful ingredients in Canola Oil?
Canola oil is a genetically engineered oil derived from crushing the seeds of the rapeseed plant. Canada manufactured this oil in order to meet the growing demands of the world market for a healthy and affordable cooking oil, which olive oil could not meet. The term is a shortened version for “Canada Oil, Low Acid”.
Some people have the misconception that canola oil is the same as rapeseed oil, which is used in factories and industries and can cause heart damage, cancer, blindness, and disruption of brain activity, among other claims.
However, one important thing to understand is that canola oil is a cultivar of the rapeseed plant, hence, its nutritional profile is very different from its origins. The intensive manufacturing process of canola removes the toxic Eruric acid that abound the rapeseed plant. The result is a healthy oil fit for consumption and even rich in health benefits.
Why Buy Canola Oil?
There are many reasons why canola oil is commonly used by every homemaker around the world. Of course, the cheap price of canola oil plays a huge part in its marketability, but there are other benefits that can be derived from this cooking oil:
- High in Good fat – Canola contains more than 50% of monounsaturated fat and also a good deal of Omega 3 fatty acid. This lessens the risk of heart failure by regulating the body’s blood pressure and maintaining normal heart rhythm. However, extremely high temperatures can convert the Omega 3 fatty acid into harmful fat.
- Low in Bad Fat – In contrast to palm, coconut, and corn oils, the oil possesses a low amount of saturated fat and trans fat. Its trans fat content is reportedly below 1% in a 218g bottle of canola oil.
- Good for the Hair – This oil can be used as a basic ingredient for one’s homemade hot oil treatment, which can substitute expensive salon trips that minimize one’s budget.
- Neutral Taste – The neutral taste of the oil allows the strong tastes of other ingredients to come out in their peak. It does not clash with the taste of other spices, which make it ideal for cooking and baking.
- Light Texture – The light and smooth texture of this product make it easier for the cook or chef to control the amount of oil to pour onto the pan.
If you are after the benefits of olive oil, considered by many as the “healthiest” oil in the market, then you might want to try a bottle of Wesson Canola Oil. Like any other canola oil price, this brand is relatively affordable. Moreover, the oil is purified, cholesterol-free and contains zero trans fat. It is also perfect for frying food. For a cheap price, one can get the benefits of olive oil without going over the budget.
How Much? Knowing Canola Oil Prices
A bottle of canola oil by itself costs cheap and can be purchased at any supermarket or grocery. However, one can get a lower rate by buying bulk canola oil for sale. Any consumer can go directly to the supplier’s website and purchase online instead of buying from a store. For one, buying direct can save one from the jacked up price at the supermarket. Second, one can expect promos or a good discount from ordering a canola oil bulk.
Certainly, there are many ways to get a lower rate for a bottle of canola oil. If you can try to get this already-cheap product for an ever cheaper rate, then there is nothing wrong with making the most out of your purchase. However, whether the canola oil price is discounted or not, any consumer will surely get his money’s worth from buying this useful cooking commodity.
Thank you for reading Canola Oil Price – Budget-Friendly or Not?.
If you like this post please consider linking to it using this code: