Buying canola oil wholesale is a smart decision for every practical homemaker because this will cost cheaper in the long run than buying the oil one at a time.
Although one bottle is already cheap in itself, there is no harm in trying to minimize one’s expenses even more. And with a bottle of canola, one can never go wrong.
“Canada Oil, Low Acid”, or “canola oil” for short, was genetically engineered in the 1980s in Canada in order to meet the growing demands of an expanding world market. The result is a cheap and healthy cooking oil that can be used for daily living.
What is canola oil made from?
The oil is made by crushing the seeds of the rapeseed plant. The rapeseed plant is a very harmful and toxic substance whose oil is commonly used in factories and industries. Rapeseed oil is not edible and can even cause cancer, respiratory illness, and heart damage, among others.
However, refined canola oil is nothing like rapeseed oil. The intensive manufacturing and processing that it undergoes removes the high Eruric Acid content that makes rapeseed dangerous. The finished product hence contains less than 2% of Eruric Acid, safe for consumption and even rich in nutrients.
Practical and Health Benefits of Canola Oil
- Good for Cooking – The high heat tolerance and mild flavour of the oil makes it a perfect ingredient for any type of dish, especially for frying in high temperatures and even as simple as making salad dressings. The neutral taste does not clash with other ingredients; hence, the oil is also ideal for baking and making marinades and sauces.
- Long Shelf Life – For a cheap price, the oil can also be stored for a longer duration than most cooking oils.
- Good for the Health – The oil is high in Omega 3 fatty acid and monounsaturated fat which helps cure heart illnesses by maintaining the person’s normal heart rate and blood pressure. The only drawback is that a very high heat temperature would convert the Omega 3 fatty acid into harmful substances.
It also lowers the amount of bad cholesterol in the body. In fact, some studies have shown that the oil can effectively reduce the level of sugar in the body, thus fighting off the chances of diabetes.
- Budget-Friendly – By itself, a bottle of canola oil is already very affordable, especially in contrast to other cooking oils like olive oil and peanut oil. It is sold in any grocery store or supermarket. However, if one goes directly to the producer, he may even get more stock for a cheaper price as long as he buys bulk canola oil.
Tips on Buying Canola Oil Wholesale
The general rule is that buying in bulk always costs less than stocking house supply one by one. Wholesale canola oil tends to be sold with a discount or at a special offer so as to entice customers to settle for more. However, it is always still cheaper to purchase directly from the supplier than from a grocery store, since the latter hikes up the price set by the producers.
- Buy directly from suppliers. Finding the right supplier is easy, thanks to the Internet. There are many online reviews that give consumer info about which brand to purchase according to one’s cooking needs. Some reviews even list down the prices of the different brands available in the market.
- Visit suppliers’ websites. Perhaps the most informative source for cooking oils is the suppliers’ websites themselves, since not only do they specify the wide array of cooking oils to choose from, they also have bargain deals for the online shopper.
- Ask for discounts. Any shopper can e-mail the supplier and inquire if he is willing to give a discount, especially when buying canola oil wholesale products.
- Watch out for promos and special offers. Some suppliers give canola oil coupons which the loyal consumer can use for future canola oil purchases. This is to ensure that the customer will buy from the same supplier again.
Rather than settling for the healthy yet expensive olive oil, one should merely purchase canola oil. Good for the heart and versatile enough for any kitchen recipe, the oil certainly satisfies one’s nutritional and gustatory standards. As long as one opts for a bottle of canola, he can never go wrong. Buying canola oil wholesale just makes it a smarter purchase.
Thank you for reading Why Buy Canola Oil Wholesale?.
If you like this post please consider linking to it using this code: